Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Very flavorful and simple to prepare.
Make and share this Chicken and Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth or 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage, dried,crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme, dried &,crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix (salt free)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups chicken, cooked &,cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1 cup sweet peas (canned or frozen) or 1 cup green beans (canned or frozen)
- 1 cup onion, sliced thinly (fresh or frozen)
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits (10 biscuits total)
- paprika, to taste
- In medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter or margarine.
- Add flour.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add broth and milk.
- Stirring, bring to a boil.
- Boil until thickened.
- Stir in sage, thyme, Mrs Dash and pepper.
- Stir in chicken, carrots, green peas/beans, onions.
- Pour into a deep 2-qt.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- Bake, covered, in a preheated 425-degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until very bubbly and hot in the center.
- Remove from oven.
- Arrange as many biscuits on top as possible.
- Place any remaining biscuits on baking sheet to bake seprarately Sprinkle paprika over casserole.
- Bake casserole and remaining biscutis for 15 minutes or until biscuits are done.
I made this tonight for supper, but I omitted the veggies, made my own biscuits, and forgot the paprika (Oops!). Since I didn't refrigerate the chicken mixture, I skipped the first 30 minutes of bake time, put the biscuits on top, and baked the dish for about 25 minutes. (For some reason, my biscuits didn't get done in fifteen.) I think next time, I may omit the sage. But other than that, it was really good. Thank you! UPDATE: Having made this several times now, I have settled on substituting an extra teapoon of Mrs. Dash for the thyme and sage. It works pretty well that way, in my opinion.
Yum! This is comfort food at it's finest. DD made it, and it was excellent. Easy, and very flavorful. Instead of refrigerator biscuits, I used MeanChef's homemade buttermilk biscuits. Great Meal!
Excellent recipe! I doubled the ingredients so we would have leftovers and it was perfect for 4 (the serves 6 was not enough for 4 in my opinion)