Mrs. R's Note:
Very flavorful and simple to prepare.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth or 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon sage, dried,crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried &,crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix (salt free)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups chicken, cooked &,cubed
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1 cup sweet peas (canned or frozen) or 1 cup green beans (canned or frozen)
- 1 cup onion, sliced thinly (fresh or frozen)
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits (10 biscuits total)
- paprika, to taste
- 1In medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter or margarine.
- 2Add flour.
- 3Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- 4Add broth and milk.
- 5Stirring, bring to a boil.
- 6Boil until thickened.
- 7Stir in sage, thyme, Mrs Dash and pepper.
- 8Stir in chicken, carrots, green peas/beans, onions.
- 9Pour into a deep 2-qt.
- 11Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- 12Bake, covered, in a preheated 425-degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until very bubbly and hot in the center.
- 13Remove from oven.
- 15Arrange as many biscuits on top as possible.
- 16Place any remaining biscuits on baking sheet to bake seprarately Sprinkle paprika over casserole.
- 17Bake casserole and remaining biscutis for 15 minutes or until biscuits are done.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.3
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 27.4 mg
- Sodium 685.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: