Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Very flavorful and simple to prepare.
Make and share this Chicken and Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth or 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage, dried,crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme, dried &,crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix (salt free)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups chicken, cooked &,cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1 cup sweet peas (canned or frozen) or 1 cup green beans (canned or frozen)
- 1 cup onion, sliced thinly (fresh or frozen)
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits (10 biscuits total)
- paprika, to taste
- In medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter or margarine.
- Add flour.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add broth and milk.
- Stirring, bring to a boil.
- Boil until thickened.
- Stir in sage, thyme, Mrs Dash and pepper.
- Stir in chicken, carrots, green peas/beans, onions.
- Pour into a deep 2-qt.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- Bake, covered, in a preheated 425-degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until very bubbly and hot in the center.
- Remove from oven.
- Arrange as many biscuits on top as possible.
- Place any remaining biscuits on baking sheet to bake seprarately Sprinkle paprika over casserole.
- Bake casserole and remaining biscutis for 15 minutes or until biscuits are done.