1/4 Photos of Chicken and Andouille Sausage With Peppers (Ww 5 Points)
My personal rendition of a WW recipe that I love because it packs all the flavors of NOLA while managing to be both fast and light. The level of heat here varies so much based on your brand of Cajun spice and sausage - so taste and adjust accordingly. For those who *do* count points, try finding the lowfat chicken andouille sausage. Half the points of the regular so you can add more to the dish. (Points confirmed on WW Recipe Builder.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 lb chicken breast tenders, 1 inch pieces
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cajun spices (try Cajun Spice Rub Mix Recipe)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 lb andouille sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 onion, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste or 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1Cut chicken into 1 inch or slightly smaller cubes. Season with garlic powder and Cajun spice mix.
- 2Place nonstick over medium high heat. Give a quick shot of cooking spray and add the seasoned chicken. Cook for a minute and add the andouille sausage. Continue to cook for three to four minutes until the chicken is opaque.
- 3Remove chicken and sausage from pan and cover to keep warm. Gently wipe the pan to remove the excess oil. Add the onions and peppers to the pan and cook for four to five minutes.
- 4Stir the canned tomatoes and tomato paste into the skillet. Return the chicken and sausage and simmer for six to eight minutes.
- 5Serve with hot cooked rice for additional points.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Andouille Sausage With Peppers (Ww 5 Points)
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.6
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 88.8 mg
- Sodium 513.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 31.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: