1/1 Photo of Chef Ray's Seafood Trinity
This is a recipe I got from a Cajun cooking class. This was by far the best Cajun cooking I have eaten so far!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 2/3 tablespoons green onions
- 2 2/3 small garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2/3 pint heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 1/3 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1/3 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano (dash)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/3 teaspoons paprika
- 1/3 cup romano cheese, grated
- 2/3 lb angel hair pasta
- 0.667 (8 1/16 ounce) can black olives, sliced for garnish
- 1 1/3 lbs shrimp, med. size, peeled, deveined and butterflied
- 2/3 lb large scallop
- 2/3 cup lump crabmeat, about two cans
- 1 loaf French bread (for sopping up sauce)
- 1Take a heavy aluminum 12 inch skillet, pour in the olive oil and heat it hot enough for frying. Drop in the shrimp and scallops (make sure they are drained well) and stir-fry them quickly until they start to bronze. Then immediately reduce the heat to medium and gently sauté the shrimp and scallops until the natural juices begin to render out(about 3 min). Do not over cook.
- 2Add the green onions and garlic and sauté then till the onions wilt slightly and the garlic starts to brown. At this point, remove seafood from the skillet with a strainer spoon, leaving as much liquid as possible in the pan and set them aside in a bowl.
- 3increase heat to "high" again. Pour in the heavy cream and dry seasonings and cook it at a quick bubble until it thickens. Make sure to watch the pan and continuously stir as it cooks because cream has a tendency to boil over easily.
- 4Boil pasta, drain and add a small amount of olive oil to prevent sticking. Set Aside.
- 5Place all the seafood, including crab and the Romano cheese into the pan and mix everything together well. Then drop in the pasta and thoroughly coat each strand with the sauce and serve piping hot. garnish with black olives.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chef Ray's Seafood Trinity
Serving Size: 1 (704 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1697.2
- Calories from Fat 539
- Total Fat 59.9 g
- Saturated Fat 25.7 g
- Cholesterol 337.0 mg
- Sodium 3588.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 211.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 77.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: