1/3 Photos of Cheesy Corn and Grits
This is a traditional Southern favorite, with creamed corn added for extra creaminess. It's hearty enough to be a meatless main dish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon instant vegetable bouillon granules (or chicken granules)
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions or 1/4 cup chives
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (1 ounce)
- 1In a medium saucepan bring water and vegetable (or chicken) granules to boiling.
- 2Gradually stir in grits.
- 3Remove from heat.
- 4Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- 5Stir in onion and the 1/2 cup cheese.
- 6Stir in eggs, milk, and corn.
- 7Transfer to a lightly greased 1-quart casserole.
- 8Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until set in center.
- 9Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- 10Let stand 1 to 2 minutes before serving to melt cheese.
- 11Makes 4 servings.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Corn and Grits
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.8
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 119.5 mg
- Sodium 345.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 12.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable bouillon granules