Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Very hearty soup. I crumble cooked bacon on top. This makes a meal with the addition of a loaf of crusty french bread.
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups cubed potatoes
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup minced green pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
- 3 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded American cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In stock pot, combine the first 10 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in cooked beef and milk; heat through.
- Mix flour and water.
- Add to soup, bring back to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat; stir in cheese and cayenne.