Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
- In a bowl, mix together the oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Add the scallops and mix well.
- Leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Remove the scallops from the bowl, reserving the marinade, and place in a well-oiled hinged basket.
- Alternative, thread the scallops onto skewers.
- Cook over hot coals for 8-10 minutes, turning from time to time and basting with the remaining marinade.
- Serve immediately.
In my area I can't get scallops in their shells,so I used large scallops(16)I think the servings is off on this recipe.With doubling the recipe I ended up with 3 servings.2 scallops per person dosen't seem enough for a meal,maybe for a appetizer.I would cut the lemon juice in half,just my personal preference.
What a quick, simple and delicious meal. I skewered the scallops and they were just perfect. What a terrific addition to grilling. Thanks so much for the recipe.
I used 16 scallops and then used the remaining ingredients as written. Simple to make.