Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Serve with Hush Puppies
Make and share this Catfish With Cornmeal Breading recipe from Food.com.
- Put flour in shallow dish.
- Combine eggs, milk, and salt in another bowl.
- Combine cornmeal, celery salt, paprika, pepper and mustard in shallow dish.
- Lightly coat fish in flour.
- Dip in milk/egg wash.
- Coat with corn meal.
- Put fish on paper towels on a baking sheet.
- Refrigerate 3 hours.
- Heat oil to 375 in a deep heavy pan.
- Heat oven to 300.
- Carefully add fish in batches to hot oil.
- Lower heat to medium high.
- Turn fish, cook until coating is golden brown and fish is opaque.
- Remove fish, drain on paper towels.
- Keep warm in oven.
- Serve with lemon wedges and tartar sauce.