Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This "caviar" could grace any table!
Make and share this Carolina Caviar recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black-eyed peas
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove (more if you wish)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- Drain peas well and place in a bowl.
- In another bowl, blend oil, vinegar, and remaining ingredients. Pour this oil mixture over the peas.
- Chill for 1 day. Remove garlic and drain to serve.