1/1 Photo of Cajun Turkey Meatloaf
1 hr 5 mins
Next time you are making turkey meatloaf try kicking it up a notch! While this won't be featured on a Brennan's menu anytime soon it is delicious. The original recipe was from Bon Appetit but I've modified it over time. If you are leary of using only turkey, consider a mix of 1 part beef to 2 parts turkey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 2 egg whites (beaten to blend)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/3 cup creole mustard or 1/3 cup another grainy or spicy mustard
- 1If you don't have a pre-made Cajun spice blend, there are several good ones on this site. Try Cajun Seasoning Mix #14190 or Cajun Seasoning #33092. Look for one that has no added salt.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F
- 3Optional Step: You can ground the oatmeal in the food processor one or two pulses. You are not looking for flour, just bits of oatmeal somewhat smaller than the whole grain.
- 4Combine all ingredients except mustard in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Place meat mixture in a nonstick loaf pan.
- 6Cover and bake 20 minutes. Scrape off any crud that may appear on the surface. Spread top with mustard.
- 7Bake uncovered another 35 minutes.
- 8Remove from pan and cut into slices.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Turkey Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.8
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 134.3 mg
- Sodium 428.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 35.3 g