- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 3 cups seeded and diced fresh tomatoes (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
- Combine lemon juice and next five ingredients.
- Beat in yogurt.
- Gently fold chicken and next 3 ingredients into dressing and chill.
- Just before serving, fold in tomatoes.
Cajun caught my eye! Had a garden full of tomatoes so tried this. Followed the recipe then stuffed it all into tomato halves. Wondwerful.
Terrific chicken salad! I made the dressing as specified in the recipe, but had about double the chicken, a little less than the tomato, substituted minced white onion for the green onions, left out the diced green pepper and added diced, blanched carrots. I had fried chicken and some baked chicken that I re-purposed for this recipe. I stripped all the skin off and chopped it up. Great way to use up left-overs.
Good good good!! I had to use chives instead of green onions and I left out the celery, but otherwise followed the recipe. The dressing is delicious, loved the spice combo. Used honey marinated cooked chicken, which seem to go very well with the other flavours! Next time I'll cut down on the amount of tomatoes a bit, just because I love the chicken mixture so much. Thank you fo sharing a lovely recipe!