Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The shrimp has a nice zing to it, which is wonderfully complemented by the lemony dip. This is a nice alternative to regular shrimp with cocktail sauce.
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallion
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon capers, rinsed and chopped
- 24 jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined with tails intact (about 1 to 1-1/4 lbs.)
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- lemon wedge, for optional garnish
- dill sprigs, for optional garnish
- In bowl, stir together mayonnaise, scallion, mustard, lemon juice, zest, and capers. Cover and refrigerate.
- Rinse shrimp and pat dry. Toss with Old Bay Seasoning and onion powder until evenly coated.
- In large nonstick skilelt, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, in batches if necessary, and cook, turning once, until opaque and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes. Serve hot or cold with dip. If desired, garnish with lemon and dill.