1/2 Photos of Cajun Seasoned BBQ Pork Chops
3 hrs 25 mins
Chef shapeweaver �'s Note:
I had some chops and didn't really know what I wanted to do with them.So after looking through alot and I mean ALOT :) of chop recipes.I still couldn't find anything to strike my fancy, so I came up with this.If you try this recipe, please feel free to change the amount of cajun seasoning to meet your household's taste. The "ZAAR" database wouldn't let me put in the thickness of the chops the thickness is 1/2 inch. If desired sprinkle more cajun seasing over chops before frying. Chill time is included in prep time.Submitted to "ZAAR" on November 5th,2008.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a shallow bowl, mix together buttermilk and the 1 teaspoon of cajun seasoning.
- 2Add chops, making sure buttermilk/cajun mixture is covering chops, and chill for 3 hours.
- 3Remove chops from buttermilk after 3 hours,discard buttermilk.
- 4Mix together the flour and 2 teaspoons of cajun seasonings.
- 5Coat both sides of all chops in seasoned flour.
- 6In a skillet large enough to hold all four chops over medium heat, heat oil till hot but not smoking.
- 7Add chops to skillet and brown on both sides until desired color is reached.
- 8Remove chops and drain any remaining oil.
- 9Return chops to skillet, and pour BBQ sauce over the the chops.
- 10Turn chops over in sauce to cover both sides.
- 11Cover with lid and turn heat down to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until chops are tender.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Seasoned BBQ Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 494.4
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 73.2 mg
- Sodium 494.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 27.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
honey-flavored barbecue sauce