1/6 Photos of Cajun Rice Salad
Karen Elizabeth's Note:
Peppers of every kind are crucial to Cajun cooking, this colourful salad uses red, yellow and green capiscums, as well as peppery spices. Make it as chilli-hot as you can stand, to give this vigorous dish its authentic Cajun effect! Posted for ZWT5, from Linda McCartneys "World Of Vegetarian Cooking" The recipe uses Lindas Creole Vinaigrette for the vinaigrette, though you might choose to use another.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 150 g long-grain rice
- 40 g red peppers, chopped
- 40 g yellow peppers, chopped
- 25 g tinned mild green chilies, chopped finely
- 40 g red onions, chopped finely
- 1 -2 stick celery, chopped finely
- creole vinaigrette
- Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 4 spring onions, chopped finely
- 1 small bunch parsley, chopped finely
- 1Cook rice according to packet instructions. Cool the rice.
- 2Combine the cooked rice, peppers, chilli, red onion and celery in a salad bowl.
- 3Toss thoroughly with sufficient vinaigrette to moisten, and season to taste with the optional Tabasco.
- 4Sprinkle with the chopped spring onions and parsley before serving.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Rice Salad
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.8
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 86.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: