1/2 Photos of Cajun Potato Salad
Also known as creole mustard potato salad, or like mamaw called it; Lousiana Tater Salad. I am posting for ZWT5. If creole mustard is not available, you can substitute coarse ground mustard with a touch of prepared horsaradish. This is a nice side dish to the Louisana favorite, red beans and rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add potaotes to lightly salted water, cover, bring to a boil on high heat, reduce to a simmer about 20 minute or until tatters are fork tender, drain and cut into 1" chunks. ( some like 'um peeled, we don't.).
- 2Combine mustard and creole seasoning in a medium sized bowl; add warm potaotes; toss to combine.
- 3Toss in green pepper,green onion and bacon.
- 4Combine mayonnaise,sour cream, & sugar, add to potato/vegetable mixture, season with salt and pepper and parsley (optional).
- 5Refergerate for at least 3 hours to meld flavors.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.9
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 9.0 mg
- Sodium 270.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: