Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Also known as creole mustard potato salad, or like mamaw called it; Lousiana Tater Salad. I am posting for ZWT5. If creole mustard is not available, you can substitute coarse ground mustard with a touch of prepared horsaradish. This is a nice side dish to the Louisana favorite, red beans and rice.
- Add potaotes to lightly salted water, cover, bring to a boil on high heat, reduce to a simmer about 20 minute or until tatters are fork tender, drain and cut into 1" chunks. ( some like 'um peeled, we don't.).
- Combine mustard and creole seasoning in a medium sized bowl; add warm potaotes; toss to combine.
- Toss in green pepper,green onion and bacon.
- Combine mayonnaise,sour cream, & sugar, add to potato/vegetable mixture, season with salt and pepper and parsley (optional).
- Refergerate for at least 3 hours to meld flavors.
This was good and easy to put together. The only thing I changed is I used red pepper instead of green. Made for ZWT5.
This is a very creative potato salad and tasted delicious! I played around with the amounts for the horseradish/mustard (for the creole mustard) in order to make sure that it wasn't too dry. I also threw in a little bit of miracle whip for the sugar. This had a delicious and different flavor! Made for ZWT5, Dining Daredevils
Both my husband and I enjoyed this tasty salad! I used a ranch flavored sour cream(it's all I had) and it turned out well. Thanks! Made for the Epicurean Queens for ZWT 2009! Edited to add that I used veggie bacon!