Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Make and share this Cajun Meatloaf recipe from Food.com.
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, Ground
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup onion, Finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, Minced
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Combine the seasoning mix ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a 1-quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onions, celery, bell peppers, green onions, garlic, tabasco, Worcestershire and seasoning mix.
- Saute until mixture starts sticking excessively, about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally and scraping the pan bottom well.
- Stir in the milk and catsup.
- Continue cooking for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Place the ground beef and pork in an ungreased 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Add the eggs, the cooked vegetable mixture and the bread crumbs, remove the bay leaves.
- Mix by hand until thoroughly combined.
- In the center of the pan, shape the mixture into a loaf that is about 1-1/2 inches high, 6 inches wide and 12 inches long.
- Bake uncovered at 350F for 25 minutes, then raise heat to 400F and continue cooking until done, about 35 minutes longer.
- Serve immediately as is or with Very Hot Cajun Sauce for Beef.
- This is best using both ground pork and ground beef, as the pork gives more flavor diversity.
- However, you can make it with ground beef only.
Loved, Loved, Loved it! Just what I was looking for! Unbelievably moist. Thank You for sharing this.
Mmm, what a tasty n super moist meatloaf. I topped with mushroom gravy and served alongside super smooth mashed potatoes, carrots and green beans. Thanks for sharing :)
wnated to try a different recipe and this was okay but not what i was looking for.