Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Hamburger steak is a great method of enjoying hamburger without the bread. This Hamburger Steak recipe has a little twist in that not only hamburger meat is used. You can made the burgers up and freeze for future use.
- 3 lbs fresh ground beef
- 1 lb fresh fresh cajun sausage (or your choice, not smoked sausage)
- 4 -6 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, minced
- 1⁄2 cup minced green onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- cayenne, if you want to spice it up
- 1 teaspoon your favorite dry steak seasoning
- 5 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 5 dashes liquid smoke
- 5 dashes soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Sauté onions and bell pepper until wilted.
- Add green onions and saute a few more minutes.
- Add this to the meat mixture along with other seasonings and mix well.
- Form the steaks, and broil on each side until brown.
- Move the pan to the oven and add about 1/2 cup of water to the pan and cover with foil.
- Continue to cook at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes then use a meat thermometer to check internal temperature; it should be: no less than 160°F (medium) and 170°F (well done).
- Add more water if needed and brush a little water over the steaks.
- Continue to cook until desired temperature is achieved.
- Lower fire to 250°F, check and add water if needed and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, brush with water, and/or sauce and leave covered for about 10 minutes.
- On the side sauté some onions, bell pepper and mushrooms.
- Add seasoning and a little instant roux to make a sauce.
- You can also make a roasted pepper sauce.
- Pour sauce and some veggies on top of the steak, or just put them on the side.
Love it, love it. We have two houses and an RV. Travel a lot. These taste wonderful and it is so nice to pull them out of the freezer. I made a bunch and wrapped them in plastic wrap. Now I can cook in the RV without spending a lot of time. Thanks for the idea. Gloria