Hamburger steak is a great method of enjoying hamburger without the bread. This Hamburger Steak recipe has a little twist in that not only hamburger meat is used. You can made the burgers up and freeze for future use.
My Private Note
to 12 d ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs fresh ground beef
- 1 lb fresh fresh cajun sausage (or your choice, not smoked sausage)
- 4 -6 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1/2 bell pepper, minced
- 1/2 cup minced green onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- cayenne, if you want to spice it up
- 1 teaspoon your favorite dry steak seasoning
- 5 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 5 dashes liquid smoke
- 5 dashes soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1Sauté onions and bell pepper until wilted.
- 2Add green onions and saute a few more minutes.
- 3Add this to the meat mixture along with other seasonings and mix well.
- 4Form the steaks, and broil on each side until brown.
- 5Move the pan to the oven and add about 1/2 cup of water to the pan and cover with foil.
- 6Continue to cook at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes then use a meat thermometer to check internal temperature; it should be: no less than 160°F (medium) and 170°F (well done).
- 7Add more water if needed and brush a little water over the steaks.
- 8Continue to cook until desired temperature is achieved.
- 9Lower fire to 250°F, check and add water if needed and cook for another 5 minutes.
- 10Remove from oven, brush with water, and/or sauce and leave covered for about 10 minutes.
- 11On the side sauté some onions, bell pepper and mushrooms.
- 12Add seasoning and a little instant roux to make a sauce.
- 13You can also make a roasted pepper sauce.
- 14Pour sauce and some veggies on top of the steak, or just put them on the side.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Hamburger Steak
Serving Size: 1 (2347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 595.0
- Calories from Fat 403
- Total Fat 44.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 197.8 mg
- Sodium 840.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 40.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dry steak seasoning