1/2 Photos of Cajun Grits
1 hr 10 mins
These grits are wonderful with any type of seafood... but especially fried catfish. Yummy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
- 2Cool, crumble and set aside.
- 3Drain all the bacon grease from the skillet except 2 tablespoons.
- 4Saute the onions and green pepper in the bacon grease until the onion is translucent.
- 5Add the tomatoes to the onions and peppers.
- 6Simmer for 1 hour.
- 7Add the cooked grits to the tomato mixture.
- 8Top with the reserved crumbled bacon.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Grits
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 530.2
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 1125.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 13.6 g