Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is Day 19: Dinner, on the 21 Day Wonder Diet. The pilaf is so delicious!
Make and share this Cajun Fish & Rice Pilaf (21 Day Wonder Diet: Day 19) recipe from Food.com.
- cooking spray
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, trimmed and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3⁄4 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 360 g white fish fillets
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- Spray base of a medium saucepan with cooking oil. Cook onion, celery and garlic, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add spices; cook, stirring, until fragrant.
- Add rice; stir to coat in mixture. Add stock; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered tightly, about 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Stir in parsley.
- Meanwhile, spray medium frying pan with cooking oil. Sprinkle fish with cajun spice; cook in pan.
- Serve pilaf with fish.