Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Chef Versatility strikes again
Make and share this Cajun Boiled Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- Mix spices well; store in dry place in a tightly covered container; will keep for one month.
- Add salt and shrimp boil spice to the water and bring to a rolling boil.
- Add the shrimp, stirring, and boil for 3 minutes or until shrimp is pink and opaque.
- Mushy shrimp is undercooked; tough shrimp has been overcooked.
- Drain immediately, and run under very cold tap water or chill with ice immediately to stop cooking process.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Shrimp boiled like this can be served in the shell, as an appetizer or main dish, or it can be shelled and used in salads and other dishes.