1/1 Photo of Cajun Beer-Basted Red Drum on the Grill
Buster's friend's Note:
The drum are coming in as fall approaches & this is an easy delicious baste. Though I prefer basting up our own fall catches the best, I would use it on any firm-fleshed fish with filets suitable for grilling. There are several Cajun seasoning mixes posted on Zaar - I plan to try these once I use up my current fav - Phil Robertson's . Your choice of lager beer--we use our old favorite - Rolling Rock! Serve with roasted potatoes & green salad-- taters can roast at 425°F & be done when fish is ready if thrown in oven before prepping fish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs redfish fillets, skin on but scaled (red drum)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, fresh-ground
- 4 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning (spicy)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons green peppers, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 12 ounces beer
- 1Send DH out to set a medium fire in grill.
- 2Rinse filets & pat dry. Sprinkle cut sides with garlic & pepper, pressing them gently onto filets.
- 3In small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat & add 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce and Cajun seasoning, garlic, onion, green pepper, parsley.
- 4Stir & sauté until onion translucent & sauce darkened & slightly thickened. Do not burn garlic - it will become bitter & spoil baste.
- 5Add bottle of beer, 2nd tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce & simmer 15 minutes on medium-high heat.
- 6Lay filets onto oiled grill grates or place on oiled aluminum foil over grill grates ( I prefer this so I can sop the filets without flareups & ash). Cook 20 minutes (or 1 cold beer) over low-medium heat, raising lid only to baste generously. Done when thickest area of fillet flakes easily. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Beer-Basted Red Drum on the Grill
Serving Size: 1 (412 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 561.3
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 248.1 mg
- Sodium 425.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 60.6 g