1/1 Photo of Cajun Beer-Basted Red Drum on the Grill
Buster's friend's Note:
The drum are coming in as fall approaches & this is an easy delicious baste. Though I prefer basting up our own fall catches the best, I would use it on any firm-fleshed fish with filets suitable for grilling. There are several Cajun seasoning mixes posted on Zaar - I plan to try these once I use up my current fav - Phil Robertson's . Your choice of lager beer--we use our old favorite - Rolling Rock! Serve with roasted potatoes & green salad-- taters can roast at 425°F & be done when fish is ready if thrown in oven before prepping fish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs redfish fillets, skin on but scaled (red drum)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, fresh-ground
- 4 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning (spicy)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons green peppers, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 12 ounces beer
- 1Send DH out to set a medium fire in grill.
- 2Rinse filets & pat dry. Sprinkle cut sides with garlic & pepper, pressing them gently onto filets.
- 3In small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat & add 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce and Cajun seasoning, garlic, onion, green pepper, parsley.
- 4Stir & sauté until onion translucent & sauce darkened & slightly thickened. Do not burn garlic - it will become bitter & spoil baste.
- 5Add bottle of beer, 2nd tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce & simmer 15 minutes on medium-high heat.
- 6Lay filets onto oiled grill grates or place on oiled aluminum foil over grill grates ( I prefer this so I can sop the filets without flareups & ash). Cook 20 minutes (or 1 cold beer) over low-medium heat, raising lid only to baste generously. Done when thickest area of fillet flakes easily. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Beer-Basted Red Drum on the Grill
Serving Size: 1 (412 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 561.3
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 248.1 mg
- Sodium 425.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 60.6 g