Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Sautéed Shrimp served in a light and spicy Cajun Shrimp Sauce
Make and share this Cajun Barbecued Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 lb shrimp, shelled and deviened
- 1 cup beer
- 1⁄2 cup shrimp stock
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a large skillet, melt the butter.
- Add the cayenne, black pepper, salt, red pepper, paprika, rosemary, and thyme.
- Cook until bubbly.
- Add the shrimp and coat with the butter mixture.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Add the beer and shrimp stock and cook for 2 - 4 minutes.
- Mix the lemon juice and cornstarch.
- Add cornstarch mixture to thicken and cook for 1 minute more.