Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Delicious and easy to cook recipe that my mom found in the Houston Chronicle in the mid-1970's. So good that it's a family tradition in my house. You can play around with the ingredients some, but try not to deviate too much. Sometimes I might add about 1/4 pound of hot Italian turkey sausage to the ground beef, but the ground beef is normally the best. you will immediately want to cook another batch, it's so good. Use as much salt and pepper as you need, but don't exceed 1/2 tbsp.
- brown meat lightly in Dutch oven.
- add all other ingredients.
- cover and bake 1 hour at 350.
- (if not quite done, bake an additional 20 mins).
- let cool and serve.
- almost tastes better the next day after it settles in refrigerator.