1/7 Photos of Broussard's Shrimp Chandeleur
Chef Kate's Note:
Broussard's--at 819 Conti Street in the French Quarter of New Orleans--may be the most romantic place to eat dinner in all of the United States--especially on a lovely night when you're eating in the courtyard. And this shrimp dish, rich yet elegant, is typical of Broussard fare.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Heavy Cream Sauce
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
For the Shrimp
- 1First, make the cream sauce.
- 2Melt the butter in a small sauce pan, stir in the flour, and cook over medium low heat for about two minutes.
- 3Whick in the milk and cook another three to four minutes, blending thoroughly.
- 4Add the heavy cream, salt and pepper and cook another half minute.
- 5Set aside.
- 6Make the Shrimp.
- 7In a saute pan large enough to hold all the shrimp, melt the butter.
- 8Saute the green onion, mushrooms and prosciutto over medium-high heat for about five minutes.
- 9Add the shrimp, lower the heat and cook another five minutes.
- 10Continuing over low heat, blend in the cream sauce, the sherry and the paprika and cook for about ten minutes.
- 11Either serve immediately or place in individual ramekins and keep warm till you are ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broussard's Shrimp Chandeleur
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.7
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 219.6 mg
- Sodium 1072.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 19.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: