1/1 Photo of Brined Chicken With Big Bob's White BBQ Sauce
1 hr 20 mins
Shawn C's Note:
From a New York times article- i found this recipe intriquing and since it derives from a southern state I am always up for that- for we southerners are know for eating WELL! In the article it was suggested that it is good on vegetables as well as poultry
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the brine
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle big bob's bbq white sauce (or make copycat below)
- 1SAuce: In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and blend well.
- 2Store refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- 3Chicken: In a medium bowl, combine the brine ingredients and mix well. Add the chicken breasts, making sure they are completely covered.
- 4Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 5Remove the chicken breasts from the brine and wipe off the excess salt.
- 6Preheat an outdoor grill to 400 degrees.
- 7Place the chicken breasts on the grate directly over the heat and grill for 5 to 6 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and firm to the touch.
- 8The internal temperature of the chicken breasts should be 160 degrees.
- 9Submerge each chicken breast into a bowl of Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Q White Sauce. Remove from the sauce and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brined Chicken With Big Bob's White BBQ Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 485.1
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 87.6 mg
- Sodium 1928.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 30.2 g