This recipe is from Brennan's of Houston in Your Kitchen cookbook. A great recipe!
Make and share this Brennan's Classic Shrimp Remoulade recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup prepared horseradish
- 1⁄4 cup creole mustard, such as zatarain
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 fresh egg (or pasteurized equivalent)
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 lbs boiled shrimp
- 1 1⁄2 cups very thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1⁄2 cup very thinly sliced radish
- 2 cups frisee or 2 cups curly endive lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup vinaigrette dressing
- Put ketchup, horseradish, Creole and prepared mustards, vinegar, lemon juice, onion, celery, parsley, garlic, paprika, pepper, salt, Tabasco and egg into blender container or food processor.
- Cover and mix at high speed until well blended.
- Remove cover and gradually add oil in a slow steady stream.
- Sauce will thicken to a pourable, creamy consistency.
- Store in covered container in refrigerator up to 3 days.
- Serving suggestion: toss boiled shrimp in remoulade sauce.
- Spoon onto a bed of thinly sliced cucumbers, radishes and frisee which were drizzled with a simple vinaigrette dressing.