This recipe is from Brennan's of Houston in Your Kitchen cookbook. A great recipe!
Make and share this Brennan's Classic Shrimp Remoulade recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup prepared horseradish
- 1⁄4 cup creole mustard, such as zatarain
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 fresh egg (or pasteurized equivalent)
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 lbs boiled shrimp
- 1 1⁄2 cups very thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1⁄2 cup very thinly sliced radish
- 2 cups frisee or 2 cups curly endive lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup vinaigrette dressing
- Put ketchup, horseradish, Creole and prepared mustards, vinegar, lemon juice, onion, celery, parsley, garlic, paprika, pepper, salt, Tabasco and egg into blender container or food processor.
- Cover and mix at high speed until well blended.
- Remove cover and gradually add oil in a slow steady stream.
- Sauce will thicken to a pourable, creamy consistency.
- Store in covered container in refrigerator up to 3 days.
- Serving suggestion: toss boiled shrimp in remoulade sauce.
- Spoon onto a bed of thinly sliced cucumbers, radishes and frisee which were drizzled with a simple vinaigrette dressing.
Good! I followed the recipe and thought horseradish was a little overpowering probably 'cause I left out celery and parsley (didn't have any). Added 2 more Tbs. of catsup and that balanced the flavors nicely and sauce was delicious. I did add some hot sauce as we like spicy foods. A nice change from cocktail sauce for seafood!
A very nice sauce! I love that I was able to make this with staples that I already had on hand. I just made the sauce, not the shrimp, as I needed a remoulade for some fried oysters. This certainly fit the bill. Tangy, and bit of heat, but not overpowering. Very easy to make, I used my mini food processor and it came together in seconds. Made for ZWT5 by one of the Cooks with Dirty Faces.
This was fantastic! Wonderful blend of flavors and spiciness. Made for Dining Daredevils ZWT 5