1/1 Photo of Brennan's Classic Shrimp Remoulade
This recipe is from Brennan's of Houston in Your Kitchen cookbook. A great recipe!
My Private Note
cups sa ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup creole mustard, such as zatarain
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 fresh egg (or pasteurized equivalent)
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 lbs boiled shrimp
- 1 1/2 cups very thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1/2 cup very thinly sliced radish
- 2 cups frisee or 2 cups curly endive lettuce
- 1/2 cup vinaigrette dressing
- 1Put ketchup, horseradish, Creole and prepared mustards, vinegar, lemon juice, onion, celery, parsley, garlic, paprika, pepper, salt, Tabasco and egg into blender container or food processor.
- 2Cover and mix at high speed until well blended.
- 3Remove cover and gradually add oil in a slow steady stream.
- 4Sauce will thicken to a pourable, creamy consistency.
- 5Store in covered container in refrigerator up to 3 days.
- 6Serving suggestion: toss boiled shrimp in remoulade sauce.
- 7Spoon onto a bed of thinly sliced cucumbers, radishes and frisee which were drizzled with a simple vinaigrette dressing.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brennan's Classic Shrimp Remoulade
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 541.9
- Calories from Fat 369
- Total Fat 41.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 329.7 mg
- Sodium 776.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 34.5 g