1/3 Photos of Braised Sirloin Tips Over Rice
1 hr 30 mins
Miss Annie's Note:
A wonderful way to cook the less tender cuts of beef. Braising makes the meat very tender. We love to make this dish because it is very tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 lbs sirloin steaks or 2 lbs round steaks, slice into 3 inch x 1 inch strips
- 2 beef bouillon cubes, dissolved in water and reserved mushroom juice to equal 10 ounces
- 1/3 cup red wine or 1/3 cup cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can mushrooms, reserve juice
- 1 can water chestnut, sliced,drained
- 1 package frozen Chinese pea pods
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 4 cups hot cooked rice or 4 cups noodles
- 1Brown beef in hot oil.
- 2Mix together and add bouillon, wine, garlic, onion, soy sauce and mushrooms.
- 3Bring to a boil, reduce heat; cover and simmer 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- 4Add water chestnuts and pea pods.
- 5Blend cornstarch and water; stir in gradually to meat mixture.
- 6Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
- 7Boil and stir 1 minute.
- 8Serve immediately over rice or noodles.
- 9You may leave out the soy sauce, pea pods and water chestnuts, and add 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce instead.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Sirloin Tips Over Rice
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 566.1
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 113.6 mg
- Sodium 758.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 36.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: