My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If you have not already done so, drink a cold beer.
- 2After your beer, you would normally purge the crawfish.
- 3This is not necessary since our crawfish come pre-purged.
- 4Just rinse out the crawfish with fresh water and boil.
- 5If you want, use the time you saved by not purging the crawfish to have another beer.
- 6Drink another beer.
- 7Give one to a friend.
- 8Fill the large pot half full with fresh water, place on outdoor propane cooker, and start the fire.
- 9Place the lid on the pot and bring water to a boil.
- 10Add about 1 lb of Fruge's Original Seafood Boil to water.
- 11Let the boiling water mix it well for a minute or so.
- 12Time to drink another beer.
- 13Send sober friend to store for more beer.
- 14Drop in all 8 onions (halved), the potatoes and fresh garlic.
- 15Let this cook, keeping an eye on the potatoes (Check for doneness by stabbing with a sharp knife or fork. If it goes in easy, it is cooked. Hint: Do not over cook potatoes, slightly under cook them because they will continue to steam and cook in ice chest. You don't want to end up with mashed potatoes) When the potatoes are almost done, add the corn and mushrooms.
- 16After they have cooked, lower the fire on the burner and remove the basket.
- 17Place the vegetables in a small clean ice chest- don't close the lid- just place foil on top.
- 18Time to drink another beer.
- 19Turn the heat up on the burner.
- 20Add more spice to the water.
- 21(About 1. 5 lbs., save one half lb. of spice for later.) Take the lemons (halved) and squeeze the juice in the water.
- 22Then add the lemons to the water.
- 23When the water comes to a boil place the crawfish into the basket and put the basket in the pot.
- 24(Be careful- it's very hot!) Put the lid on the pot and enjoy another beer.
- 25When the water comes back to a boil- keep a very close eye on this part- let it boil for 4 minutes and turn off the fire.
- 26Let it soak for another 3 minutes and then remove.
- 27Kill the boil by adding cold water or ice, not much is needed maybe a gallon or so.
- 28Then let the crawfish soak.
- 29They will sink to the bottom and fill with spicy water (JUICES).
- 30Get an old table and place old newspapers on top.
- 31Dump the basket of crawfish on top of the newspaper and sprinkle with leftover spice.
- 32Dump the onions, potatoes, corn and garlic on top of the crawfish.
- 33Now it's time to really drink beer and eat.
- 34The vegetables are for those guests who cannot figure out how to peel the crawfish.
- 35At least they won't starve.
- 36Tips: To hold hot crawfish for a short time (1-2 hours), you can use a styrofoam ice chest.
- 37Most plastic chests will melt or warp.
- 38Use leftover spice to experiment.
- 39You can always add more to the ice chest.
- 40Sprinkle it on, stir it up and let it steam in chest for 10 minutes.
- 41Then test again.
Browse Our Top Crawfish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crawfish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Boiled Crawfish by cajuncrawfish.com
Serving Size: 1 (1259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1513.8
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 1863.2 mg
- Sodium 1354.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 246.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: