Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- If you have not already done so, drink a cold beer.
- After your beer, you would normally purge the crawfish.
- This is not necessary since our crawfish come pre-purged.
- Just rinse out the crawfish with fresh water and boil.
- If you want, use the time you saved by not purging the crawfish to have another beer.
- Drink another beer.
- Give one to a friend.
- Fill the large pot half full with fresh water, place on outdoor propane cooker, and start the fire.
- Place the lid on the pot and bring water to a boil.
- Add about 1 lb of Fruge's Original Seafood Boil to water.
- Let the boiling water mix it well for a minute or so.
- Time to drink another beer.
- Send sober friend to store for more beer.
- Drop in all 8 onions (halved), the potatoes and fresh garlic.
- Let this cook, keeping an eye on the potatoes (Check for doneness by stabbing with a sharp knife or fork. If it goes in easy, it is cooked. Hint: Do not over cook potatoes, slightly under cook them because they will continue to steam and cook in ice chest. You don't want to end up with mashed potatoes) When the potatoes are almost done, add the corn and mushrooms.
- After they have cooked, lower the fire on the burner and remove the basket.
- Place the vegetables in a small clean ice chest- don't close the lid- just place foil on top.
- Time to drink another beer.
- Turn the heat up on the burner.
- Add more spice to the water.
- (About 1. 5 lbs., save one half lb. of spice for later.) Take the lemons (halved) and squeeze the juice in the water.
- Then add the lemons to the water.
- When the water comes to a boil place the crawfish into the basket and put the basket in the pot.
- (Be careful- it's very hot!) Put the lid on the pot and enjoy another beer.
- When the water comes back to a boil- keep a very close eye on this part- let it boil for 4 minutes and turn off the fire.
- Let it soak for another 3 minutes and then remove.
- Kill the boil by adding cold water or ice, not much is needed maybe a gallon or so.
- Then let the crawfish soak.
- They will sink to the bottom and fill with spicy water (JUICES).
- Get an old table and place old newspapers on top.
- Dump the basket of crawfish on top of the newspaper and sprinkle with leftover spice.
- Dump the onions, potatoes, corn and garlic on top of the crawfish.
- Now it's time to really drink beer and eat.
- The vegetables are for those guests who cannot figure out how to peel the crawfish.
- At least they won't starve.
- Tips: To hold hot crawfish for a short time (1-2 hours), you can use a styrofoam ice chest.
- Most plastic chests will melt or warp.
- Use leftover spice to experiment.
- You can always add more to the ice chest.
- Sprinkle it on, stir it up and let it steam in chest for 10 minutes.
- Then test again.
great recipe!!!!! great for get togethers....and the beer is good too.
Okay dude not only was this recipe off the chain ( very good) you were hilarious. I don't know what I enjoyed more the recipe directions or the outcome, but I must say, I had a blast using this step by step instructions! Lol