1/1 Photo of Blend of the Bayou
The MysticWood's Note:
This is a delicious recipe we found in a "Taste of Home" magazine. We recommend you use smaller shrimp, or slice the bigger ones in half to make them more manageable for eating. If you left out the shrimp, it would make an excellent hot party dip or spread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 lb medium shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined
- 2 (6 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup cooked rice
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup butter flavored cracker, crushed (about 12)
- 1In a small saucepan, cook and stir the cream cheese and 2 tbsp of the butter over low heat until melted and smooth.
- 2In a large skillet, saute onion, celery and green pepper in the remaining butter until tender.
- 3Stir in cream cheese mixture.
- 4Stir in shrimp, soup, mushrooms, garlic salt, hot pepper sauce, cayenne pepper and rice.
- 5Transfer to a greased 2 quart baking dish. Combine cheddar cheese and cracker crumbs; sprinkle over the top.
- 6Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blend of the Bayou
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.9
- Calories from Fat 286
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 191.9 mg
- Sodium 806.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 25.8 g