The boss used to cook this for our summer BBQ.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix paprika, cayenne pepper, black pepper, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, parsley and oregano.
- 2Heat a large cast iron skillet over high heat for 5-8 minutes, or until extremely hot.
- 3Dip fish into melted butter, and sprinkle each fillet generously with the seasoning mixture.
- 4Place the fish fillets in the hot skillet.
- 5Pour 1 tablespoon of butter over each fillet.
- 6Cook until the coating on the fillet turns black, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 7Turn the fish over.
- 8Pour another tablespoon of butter over the fish.
- 9Cook for about 2 minutes longer.
Browse Our Top Cajun Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blackened Spicy Snapper Fillets
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 855.5
- Calories from Fat 654
- Total Fat 72.7 g
- Saturated Fat 44.4 g
- Cholesterol 262.9 mg
- Sodium 2335.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 46.6 g