Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The boss used to cook this for our summer BBQ.
Make and share this Blackened Spicy Snapper Fillets recipe from Food.com.
- Mix paprika, cayenne pepper, black pepper, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, parsley and oregano.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over high heat for 5-8 minutes, or until extremely hot.
- Dip fish into melted butter, and sprinkle each fillet generously with the seasoning mixture.
- Place the fish fillets in the hot skillet.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of butter over each fillet.
- Cook until the coating on the fillet turns black, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Turn the fish over.
- Pour another tablespoon of butter over the fish.
- Cook for about 2 minutes longer.