I just watched this on Big Daddy's House with Aaron McCargo(winner of the Next Food Network Star) and had to share!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper (or more to taste-Aaron uses 1 1/2 tbls.)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil, for frying (or olive oil)
- 4 (6 ounce) portions skinless and boneless salmon fillets
Blue Cheese Sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2In a small bowl, combine the Italian seasoning, black pepper, paprika, salt, and cayenne. Season each piece of fish with the rub, pressing it in with your hands.
- 3Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the butter and oil. When the butter has melted, add the salmon and cook about 2 minutes per side. The rub will give it a nice color.
- 4Transfer the whole pan to the oven and cook for another 4 to 6 minutes.
- 5For the sauce:
- 6Place the white wine into a medium saucepan and reduce by half. Add the heavy cream and allow to reduce.
- 7Add the blue cheese and whisk until smooth. It will get nice and velvety.
- 8Serve on top of the salmon.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blackened Salmon With Blue Cheese Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 497.8
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 163.4 mg
- Sodium 4009.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 40.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: