Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love flank steak because it's usually one of the cheapest cuts of beef, but it doesn't taste cheap! This is a great way to cook it for serving alongside grilled corn or other veggies. Or, you can serve it in tortillas as fajita tacos, which is what we usually do. From Cooking Light.
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper (leave out if you don't want it as spicy)
- 1 (2 lb) flank steaks, trimmed
- cooking spray
- Combine first 7 ingredients; rub spice mixture over both sides of steak. Cover and refrigerate 3 hours.
- Prepare grill.
- Place steak on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Let stand 10 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
This was wonderful and even my 17 yo DS loved this flank steak!!! The only thing I did differently, other than cut the recipe to serve 2, was that I put the flank steak in some melted butter and lemon juice in the morning, to help tenderize it. I then took it out and dried it off and added the spice mixture (which I did add the cayenne pepper) and then let it marinate in that mixture for 3 hours. I took photo's but I put it on the grill and let it get blackened on the grill on the one side and very little on the other side, so they didn't turn out good, but it sure tasted wonderful. Thanks for sharing the recipe that we will use again!!