Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a great dish. The seasoning can be kept in a tighly sealed jar for 6 months so why not double or triple it to use anytime!
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup cajun blackening seasoning
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- mix seasoning mix ,(except 2 T for later) and season chicken well.
- Grill breast until done (best done outside because of smoking)
- Cook pasta according to package direction wile cooking chicken.
- In large skillet saute onion, mushrooms and garlic until tender.
- meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions
- Add stock, wine, and 2 T seasoning mix.
- Bring to a boil add drained penne pasta, tomatoes, toss and cook until thickened.
- Arrange pasta on dish, top with sliced grilled chicken.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese.