this is an adopted recipe. i changed it from char as i am not familiar with it to trout. this is a very simple recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fillet the trout(fresh or thawed) about 25 mm thick (1-1/2").
- 2Don't be afraid to substitute halibut, perch, shrimp, or any firm-fleshed seafood or fish for the char.
- 3Melt butter in a cast-iron or heavy-bottomed frying pan over medium high heat.
- 4Add Cajun spice and heat thoroughly.
- 5Place fillets in pan.
- 6Squeeze juice of one lemon into pan.
- 7Cook fish for about 5 minutes on each side.
- 8Serve with remaining lemon wedges and pan drippings.
Browse Our Top Trout Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blackened (cajun) Trout
Serving Size: 1 (503 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 834.4
- Calories from Fat 426
- Total Fat 47.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 308.7 mg
- Sodium 360.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 94.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: