Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this on a message board and it is fantastic. It's a great "fried" chicken recipe without actually frying the chicken. Please note, the nutritional information given here on zaar is way off - according to the message board I got this from, the correct info is: 173 Calories, 29g Protein, 9g Carbohydrates, 2g Fat, 66mg Cholesterol, 1g Fiber, 171mg Sodium, which seems more reasonable than the 300+ calories zaar calculated.
- 44.37 ml plain fat-free yogurt
- 4 large fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 4.92 ml fresh oregano, chopped
- 4.92 ml fresh thyme, chopped
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 0.25 ml salt
- 0.25 ml ground black pepper
- 59.16 ml ian's whole wheat panko or 59.16 ml finely crushed wasa light rye crispbread
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, about 4 oz each
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly mist a small nonstick baking sheet with olive oil spray.
- In a medium shallow bowl, combine the yogurt, basil, oregano, thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir to mix well.
- Place 2 tablespoons of bread crumbs or crushed crispbread in another medium shallow bowl. Set next to the yogurt mixture. Dip one chicken breast into the yogurt mixture to coat. Transfer to the crumbs to coat evenly. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Add the remaining two tablespoons crumbs to the owl. Repeat the procedure with the second breast. Place on the baking sheet, not touching the other breast.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Flip the chicken and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- Serve immediately.