I found this on a message board and it is fantastic. It's a great "fried" chicken recipe without actually frying the chicken. Please note, the nutritional information given here on zaar is way off - according to the message board I got this from, the correct info is: 173 Calories, 29g Protein, 9g Carbohydrates, 2g Fat, 66mg Cholesterol, 1g Fiber, 171mg Sodium, which seems more reasonable than the 300+ calories zaar calculated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons plain fat-free yogurt
- 4 large fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons ian's whole wheat panko or 4 tablespoons finely crushed wasa light rye crispbread
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, about 4 oz each
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly mist a small nonstick baking sheet with olive oil spray.
- 2In a medium shallow bowl, combine the yogurt, basil, oregano, thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir to mix well.
- 3Place 2 tablespoons of bread crumbs or crushed crispbread in another medium shallow bowl. Set next to the yogurt mixture. Dip one chicken breast into the yogurt mixture to coat. Transfer to the crumbs to coat evenly. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Add the remaining two tablespoons crumbs to the owl. Repeat the procedure with the second breast. Place on the baking sheet, not touching the other breast.
- 4Bake for 10 minutes. Flip the chicken and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- 5Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Biggest Loser - Winning "fried" Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.9
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 93.2 mg
- Sodium 186.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 31.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat panko