Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Rabbit is available at supermarkets these days if you don't hunt your own. From the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1 rabbit, cleaned and cut into serving pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- cracker crumb
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Place butter in an uncovered roasting pan and place in oven to melt.
- Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper; roll in flour, then beaten eggs, then cracker crumbs.
- Place meat in roaster and add onion and bay leaf.
- Bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until tender, basting frequently.
This was fantastic! I used homegrown domestic rabbit, 4 legs and 6 forelegs. Kids really liked it. Nice and crunchy with tender meat. Cooked 1.5 hrs.