When making this dish from your garden or store bought greens, chooose only the young leaves and discard the older, tougher leaves. I like a shake or two of hot pepper flakes.
- In a large pot bring lightly salted water to boil.
- Add the greens and cook to just limp-about 3 minutes.
- Drain well and chop.
- Melt the butter in a skillet, add the garlic, ginger, and greens and saute 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped beets, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat through, about 2 minutes and turn into a serving bowl.