1/1 Photo of Beet Greens with Beets
When making this dish from your garden or store bought greens, chooose only the young leaves and discard the older, tougher leaves. I like a shake or two of hot pepper flakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot bring lightly salted water to boil.
- 2Add the greens and cook to just limp-about 3 minutes.
- 3Drain well and chop.
- 4Melt the butter in a skillet, add the garlic, ginger, and greens and saute 1-2 minutes.
- 5Stir in the chopped beets, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Heat through, about 2 minutes and turn into a serving bowl.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beet Greens with Beets
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 80.7
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 113.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: