Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is one of my old reliable recipes. I can always count on this to please everyone.
Make and share this Beef Steaks With Mushroom Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oil and 2 T butter in large skillet.
- Add steaks and cook on med-hi for 6-7 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat and keep warm.
- To pan add remaining butter and mushrooms, cook and stir 3 minutes.
- Add onions, saute 1 minute.
- Add flour, salt and pepper, cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Add broth slowly, stir until smooth.
- Boil 1 minute.
- Serve steaks with sauce on the side.
This was good and easy to make. I made as directed other then I used beef broth instead of chicken as I had a carton of beef broth open. I used rib eye steaks. I served with potato skins and a salad. It made for a nice Sunday dinner.
A very nice dish. My wife liked it more than I did as she prefers mellow flavors. I wanted more of a bite. Next time I'll add merlot and capers to the sauce. As you can imagine, a really nice piece of meat is the most important part. I accompanied with new red potatoes and sweet pees. Thanks!