Prep 10 mins
Cook 192 hrs
THE most affordable way to feed a large crew. Slow cooking is the key; I allow 8 hours on a low grill (225). Serve on good rolls...topped with cole slaw is traditional southern style.
- 8 (10 lb) packages pork shoulder butt
- 1⁄2 gallon white vinegar
- 2 cups hot sauce
- 2 cups barbecue sauce (I like Kona Coast Island Teriyaki)
- Mix vinegar and hot sauce in doubled up can liners; marinate pork in fridge 8-24 hours.
- Grill over indirect low heat (225-250) for 7-9 hours, basting with reserved marinade a couple of times early on to avoid over crisping.
- Pull pork apart and mix with bbq sauce. Assemble sandwiches, topping w slaw. Have fed 30 people with this recipe, and never gotten anything but rave reviews. Think I got it from Emeril.