1/1 Photo of Barbecue Chip Crusted Chicken
Redneck Epicurean's Note:
Chicken recipes that are quick and easy sometimes are not as tasty as we'd like. I created this one a long time ago after picking up a ton of Pringles chips on sale for 88 cents a can at the local market. I got one of every kind. When I put them away, the barbecue flavored was pushed to the far corner and sat there forever. So after the date ran out (yes...this happens to me sometimes), I knew they'd still be alright to eat, but I didn't care for the flavor as much as I thought I would. I came up with this to use up a good bargain.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1NOTE: If you don't have Pringles where you are, just use other barbecue chips. The amount of crumbs may vary, but you can always crush more if need be.
- 2Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- 3Place the whole can of chips in a gallon-sized zip top bag and crush until very fine crumbs. Add chopped thyme, oregano and rosemary to potato chips.
- 4Beat the eggs in a bowl. Place 1/2 cup of flour in a tray. Dip chicken breasts in flour. Shake off extra flour. Dip chicken breasts in egg. Coat chicken breasts in crushed BBQ chips (coat generously).
- 5Heat the olive oil and sauté the chicken until browned.
- 6Place on a baking sheet and pop in the oven for 10 minutes, turning after 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecue Chip Crusted Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 557.5
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 174.1 mg
- Sodium 431.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 35.2 g