Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I wanted to do something different with chicken,and this is what happened.If you decide to double this recipe,just use one egg.For a real barbecue type meal serve with baked beans and cole slaw.Submitted to "ZAAR" on November 21st, 2007.
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/2 inch thickness( you could make them thinner to speed up cooking).
- Mix milk and egg in a shallow dish or bowl.
- Pour flour onto a plate.
- Place both chicken breasts in egg/milk mixture,coating well.
- Then coat each piece of chicken with flour.( coating each side well).
- Place both pieces in pre-heated oiled skillet.
- Fry until golden brown in color, about 10 to 15 minutes,drain oil from skillet if needed.
- Coat both sides of fried chicken with barbecue sauce.
- Place 1/8 cup of shredded cheese on each chicken breast, top with equal amounts of bacon.
- Cover with lid until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
Chicken breasts fried up beautifully - was a touch hesitant coating the golden chicken with barbecue sauce but it was good. I thought the cheese gave it good flavor but seems it was preferred the barbecue coated chicken not be topped with the cheese. Am sure I can get around that and somehow tuck/stuff the cheese and bacon into the breast before putting it in the oven next time around - and there will be a next time for this one. Will be back after giving that a try!
I could eat this every day. The chicken was tender and moist with a lovely golden crust and when topped with the BBQ sauce, bacon and cheese I almost swooned from delicious yumminess. Made for Spring 2012 Pick A Chef.