This is a great party pleaser. I came up with this recipe when I was asked to bring something to my fathers work party, and what a hit it was. Everyone loved this dip, and I hope you will too. Thank you for trying it. ENJOY!
- Cut the onions in thin slices and then quarter.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat caramelize the onions in the olive oil and salt, this may take up to 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl stir together the mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic powder, black pepper, cayenne, parsley, and parmesan; set aside.
- After the onions are done, set them aside to cool.
- After they are cool add them to the mayonnaise/sour cream mixture and stir until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate over night before serving.