Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are great as a side dish or a party and are great make-ahead time savers. The toppings are what I like (and are approximate in measurements), but are totally up to your imagination. Oh, but don't leave out the sauce, because it is extra special and is really great!
- 1 large baking potato
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese
- 3 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon ranch dip or 1 tablespoon salad dressing
- garlic powder, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together sauce ingredients and place in the refrigerator.
- Scrub the potatoes well and slice in half. Cut each half into four wedges. Cut off the pulp, leaving about 1/4 an inch. Microwave uncovered until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Place the skins on a baking sheet. Brush with butter and place the toppings on the skins. Bake until the cheese melts, about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with the sauce.
YUM YUM! This was great!! My boyfriend & dad loved them. They are requested alot! Thanks for a great recipe!
Yum Yum yum yum!!!! I absolutely loved this. The potato made for a great holder for such scrumptious toppings! A keeper for sure! Always...Remembering Amy!
Oh what a great recipe for one! It is delicious! Has all the great things that a baked potatoe should have and then more. The calories & carbs are a bit high but that won't hurt once in a while. Redneck Epicurean or Amy, you will be missed! Believe me, this recipe will be one of the special ones for me. We'll miss you, Diane :)