Prep 1 hr 40 mins
Cook 45 mins
A great change from the ordinary. Prep time includes chill time
Make and share this Baked Potato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 4 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch chunks
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 envelopes Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 5 bacon, strips cooked and crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with oil and dressing mixes.
- Place in two greased 13x9 inch baking pans.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Transfer to a large bowl; add peppers, onions, tomatoes, eggs, and bacon.
- Toss gently.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl; mix well.
- Pour over salad and stir gently.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Nurse Di, this is some kind of outstanding potato salad. The potatoes baked with the dressing mix tasted very tangy and delicious. You add the crunchy remaining veggies and creamy dressing. WOW!! We stuffed ourselves on this stuff. I am making this again next week to take to a work pot-luck. Thanks :)
We enjoyed this potato salad. I did omit the tomatoes. Thanks for sharing.
I brought this salad to a potluck and people commented how good it was. The baking/seasoning step of the potatoes must be the key to this great salad. The baking gave the potatoes a firmer texture than that of a boiled potato so the potatoes didn't become mushy when I stirred in the dressing. I omitted the tomatoes and green bell pepper because I didn't have any on hand. I found that the flavor from the minced red bell pepper was enough so I don't think I'll add the green bell pepper to this salad when I make it again. Thanks for sharing this great recipe, NurseDi!