Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Paula Deans Recipe for southern style Mac and Cheese. Made low fat by using 2% products. This recipe was made live on Good Morning America by her sons.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish; set aside.
- In a saucepan, cook macaroni according to package directions, drain. Return macaroni to saucepan.
- While macaroni is hot, add the cheeses to the pan; stir well.
- Spread the macaroni mixture in the prepared baking dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together the milk, sour cream, eggs, butter, hot sauce and salt. Pour the milk mixture over the macaroni. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
I added a little more salt and pepper (that's all) and my family loved it! I will make this again as it is already being requested!!
very bland if you make it i suggest leaving the eggs out.