1/2 Photos of Baconless Baked Beans
1 hr 20 mins
I hate to fry bacon because I usually only need a few strips for a recipe then I'm left with all that bacon. So I usually don't use it. I created these baked beans without bacon, using french-fried onions. They give it that good smoky flavor without the hassle of cooking the bacon. Hope you like them!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 (16 ounce) cans pork and beans, drained just a little bit
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup French-fried onions, divided
- 1/4 cup ketchup, pref. Heinz
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne (ground red pepper)
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice, divided (dill pickle juice)
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar, divided
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Put the pork and beans into a covered 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- 3In a medium skillet; melt the butter on medium heat and saute your green pepper, garlic, and jalapeno until soft. (about 6 minutes).
- 4Allow pepper mix to cool just a bit in a bowl then stir the pepper mix into your beans.
- 5In a medium bowl; mix the ketchup, mustard, maple syrup, Lawry's, pepper, cayenne, 1 TBSP of the dill pickle juice, and 1 tsp of the brown sugar.
- 6Mix the ketchup mix into your beans then mix 1/2 cup of your french-fried onions into the beans.
- 7Mix the other 1/2 cup of your french-fried onions with your other tsp brown sugar and your other TBSP dill pickle juice then sprinkle that over the top of your beans.
- 8Cover and bake the beans for 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baconless Baked Beans
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.5
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 18.5 mg
- Sodium 811.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 9.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Lawry's Seasoned Salt