1/3 Photos of Bacon Casserole Bread
2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 30 mins
When you see bacon drippings as an ingredient, ya'll just know it's southern food. ;-) A stand mixer would be your new best friend when you make this easy, no-knead bread. Rising time is included in prep time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine scalded milk, salt, 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar, and bacon drippings. Cool.
- 2Combine yeast, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, and warmed water. When yeast mixture begins to foam, add to cooled milk mixture.
- 3Add beaten egg, all purpose flour and whole wheat flour; beat for 3 minutes.
- 4Cover and let rise for 45 minutes then stir in the bacon and beat for 2 minutes.
- 5Pour into a greased 2-quart casserole or two glass loaf pans about 9 x 5 x 3-inches. Let rise until batter reaches top of pan(s), about 30 minutes.
- 6Slash top diagonally a few times with a sharp knife. Bake at 375° for 35 to 40 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Casserole Bread
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.4
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 17.9 mg
- Sodium 311.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 5.7 g