3 hrs 20 mins
This one from down home. She got this off the 'net somewhere,..but it is sooo good I call it all hers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lard the roast well by inserting cubes of salt pork into small cuts in the roast.
- 2Heat butter in a Dutch oven or deep casserole and brown the meat on all sides.
- 3Add hot water, fruit juice, celery, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper.
- 4Cover and simmer gently for 3 hours on top of the stove or in the oven at 350 degrees until meat is tender.
- 5If liquid gets low, add water.
- 6About one hour before meal is to be served, add peeled potatoes, carrots and onions.
- 7Add a little additional salt for vegetables.
- 8When vegetables are tender, remove them and the meat to a platter and keep hot.
- 9Thicken liquid with 2-3 Tablespoons flour.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aunt Carolyn's Moose Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (765 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 944.6
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 305.7 mg
- Sodium 1075.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.1 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 109.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: