From Martha Stewart. Total Comfort Food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a large heavy skillet set over medium heat.
- 2Season chicken with salt and pepper, rubbing it into the skin.
- 3Add chicken, skin-side down to the skillet; cook, turning once, until well browned. Remove and set aside.
- 4Melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter in the same skillet.
- 5Sprinkle in flour and cook, whisking constantly, until golden brown.
- 6Add onion and cook until softened, about 2 minutes.
- 7Whisk in chicken broth; bring to a boil.
- 8Return chicken to skillet. Cook, partially covered, until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened.
- 9Transfer to a serving platter; garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Anita Baker's Smothered Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (528 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1107.9
- Calories from Fat 755
- Total Fat 83.9 g
- Saturated Fat 28.0 g
- Cholesterol 348.6 mg
- Sodium 311.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 78.9 g