Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Martha Stewart. Total Comfort Food.
Make and share this Anita Baker's Smothered Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Heat olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a large heavy skillet set over medium heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, rubbing it into the skin.
- Add chicken, skin-side down to the skillet; cook, turning once, until well browned. Remove and set aside.
- Melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter in the same skillet.
- Sprinkle in flour and cook, whisking constantly, until golden brown.
- Add onion and cook until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Whisk in chicken broth; bring to a boil.
- Return chicken to skillet. Cook, partially covered, until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened.
- Transfer to a serving platter; garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.