1/1 Photo of Almond Shrimp with Amaretto Butter
A fabulous, romantic dish for two - and it's quick and easy! I adapted the recipe from a Junior League of Lafayette, LA recipe; they say that it is the creation of Sous Chef Bryan Richard of Chez Marcelle. The original recipe calls for an entire stick of butter, but I think you'll agree that 3 tbsp. is plenty. If you like Amaretto, you'll love this! It can be served with angel hair pasta, but I like to eat it without so as not to interfere with the delicious flavors.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat butter in skillet until golden brown, then saute onion in butter until translucent and barely browned.
- 2Add shrimp and saute about 5 minutes.
- 3Add amaretto, almonds and salt and cook on medium heat for another 4 to 5 minutes.
- 4Serve alone as an elegant appetizer, or over angel hair pasta as an entree.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Shrimp with Amaretto Butter
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 561.3
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 391.4 mg
- Sodium 1041.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 52.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: